Whether you’re a sentimental at heart or a practical interior decorator, you’ll find reasons to use canvas prints. It is the marriage of traditional painting with the new digital graphic design to give you the best solution to your design problems.
If you want an old world charm and a tight budget, then canvas printing is your elegant solution. Canvas printing uses the inkjet technology to transfer your digital images to the artist canvas. The rough fabric texture and its ability to soak up more ink give your digital art the old world glamour of paintings.
1. When you want to feast your eyes on beautiful painting like portraits instead of your regular photographs, converting these prints into canvas is easy. You can scan your photographs and add effects using graphic design software like Adobe Photoshop. It will help you add brush strokes, or adjust the colors of your print to give it a more romantic painting feel.
2. If you want large decorative material to adorn your living room, or bring home an exotic vacation view, have it printed into a large canvas mural. You can simply download your snapshots into your computer and with a few design adjustments can be ready for printing. You can print your canvas in large sizes of up to 58 x 100 inches.
3. You can even use abstract art or illustrations for your decorative canvas print. There are many artists who are born to the digital art genre who can sell you the right to print their art on canvas for a minimal fee. There are also plenty of websites you can look into for noteworthy digital graphics.
4. If you are creative and are blessed with patience, you can learn to create your own graphic designs. Unlike traditional painting that takes a long time to learn, you can create a decent art piece in a matter of weeks. There are many design software that can extend your natural technical skills. You can also browse up on tutorials that teach you step-by-step techniques.
5. The canvas print is also ideal for being displayed without glass. The matte surface is best emphasized without the reflection of the glass. You can simply have the canvas print mounted on to a wooden board or in a glass less frame to make it stand out from the wall surface. If you need an allowance for mounting, a large format printer will be happy to add a two-inch border.
6. The canvas is a low maintenance art work that is sturdier than regular inkjet prints. The canvas is a sturdy material that is water resistant. The ink stays put even when exposed to water and moisture. Be careful with too much water exposure though as it may disintegrate the quality of the canvas. When you print on archival ink, the canvas print is also less prone to fading.
Using the customization digital printing offers, you can convert your cookie-cutter house into your home. With all the possibilities you can do with your canvas prints, self-expression has become easier with painting like pieces that retain their old school charm.